My two biggest gripes about the state of A&S competition in the SCA are the quality of judging and the lack of instruction on documentation. This section is devoted to rectifing these faults.
- Writing Documentation
- A pretty good start on how to do documentation. I would recommend reading the entire Atlantian handbook.
- Encouragement or Criticism
- Otherwise known as: "How to help our budding artesians learn from their mistakes, rather than crush them".
- Atlantian Competition/Display Entry Form
- A sample of what information should be included with an entry. By no means does this have to be all of it, I lean towards giving much more.
- Kingdom of Atlantia Arts and Science Forms
- How to judge. This should be used as a way of measuring, but should be altered to fit the competition. Also note, as this page notes, that positive criticism should always be used! I think it is pitiful when people judge competitions do nothing but tear an entry apart. (Okay, add this as gripe #3.) I understand that some professional artists have been taught by their fields to be blunt, but there is no reason they cannot learn to be tactful... or even better, helpful!
- Judging Documentation in SCA A&S Competitions
- Articles on Creating Replicas of Artifacts
- Middle Kingdom Arts and Sciences Faire Judging Criteria