Web Building Resources
Free CGI Hosting | Frontpage Extensions |
XML | Miscellaneous
- Create Your Website
- Free Guide to Creating a Web Page
- Introduction to HTML and Web Page Design
- Has some really wonderful tools on building interfaces for your website.
- NavWorks: Free Tutorials
- Some of the nicest tutorias on interfaces and graphics.
- Idocs Guide to HTML
- I rather liked this one, as you can see how your browser is going to display your code. I was suprised to find that Netscape doesn't do inline frames. ;)
- Bare Bones Guide to HTML
- HTML quick reference
- A Beginner's Guide to HTML
- Darwinz.com Free HTML tutor sites
- Style Guide for Online Hypertext
- Beginning HTML
- Dan's Web Tips
- How to Write Sytle Sheets (CSS)
- Making Forms
- Paul Schwarz's Help for Web Page Building
- LinkExhange - SiteOwner
- You put it up there; now check it and make sure everythings okay!
- Tips for Novice Web Page Designers
- Carlos' FORMS Tutorial
- CSS Quick Tutorial
- Search Engine Tutorial for Web Designers
- Web Pages That Suck
- Code and design should go hand-in-hand.
- HTML Clinic
- Text Rollovers: Putting the Effect to Work for an Entire Page
- Not the same site as above. More quick ideas on how to spruce up your site. More along the lines of a developer site.
- FreeCode, Free Programming Source Code
- Microsoft JScript FAQ
- Microsoft JScript LanguageReference
- Distributed JScript
- Mouse Over Inlayed Buttons
- Windows tool for simplifying MouseOvers
- ASP Today
- Java Lab
- JavaSDK Docs
- Resources for CGI programmers.
- JavaFile Free Scripts
- CGI Tutorial: Start
- NCSA HTTPd Tutorial: CGI Configuration
- Matt's Script Archive, Inc.
- Perl/CGI Scripts.
- Database Management Systems
- Part of Philip and Alex's Guide to Web Publishing.
- Instructional hints on using PHP3 and such... also, graphics, MySQL, and HTML; should be helpful to Apache/Linux users.
- Build a Database driven website (Three Parts)
- Why Databases?
- Generate HTML from a Database
- Definitely aimed at Mac people, but it gives and idea of how to structure a database for generating web pages statically.
- Databases and the Web
- Excellent collection of links for static and dynamic web page generation.
- DBMan Script
- Free downloads from eXtropia
- Many things, including the WebDB Database management tool.
- Your First Database
Free CGI Hosting
Live Online Chat Service
This sounds interesting. Haven't tried it yet. Have people contact you online to talk about your pages.
- ByteCenter - free CGI hosting
- This site is the kindest, by not forcing you to display huge advertising banners for most things.
- More than just CGI, this site has links to all sorts of free bells and whistles for your site.
- LinkExchange: Fast Counter
- Small and simple, if plain; you get weekly or monthly statistics reports.
- The Ultimate Counter
- Largish banner counters, but you have a huge selection of flavours.
- SiteStatz - free advanced site statistics
- The site is a little clumsy to navigate to get your statistics, but hey, it's free!
- The World Famous Guestbook Server
- Free Guestbook!
- Customizable guestbooks.
- GlobalGuest Guestbook Service
- Also customizable.
- Bloke.com's Free GuestBook
- This site is more than meets the eye. Its in Australia, and it does more than just guestbooks... it hosts just about everything CGI. Most interesting.
- LinkExchange: Listbot
- Start your own mailing list.
- Seems nice, and for a nominal fee of $6 you can do away with the banners. Much better deal than other services I have seen. They've got CGI, custom domain and email, etc. Worth a look!
- NedStat Basic
- If you've been to Tripod, this is the sort of stat-widget that they use.
- Bravenet Web Services
- Free Counter-Tracker Service
- eXTReMe Tracking
- CGI For Me
- WebCounter Home Page
- Free Counters of a standard format that you can change the colors of the numbers and backgrounds.
- Virtual Avenue - Free Virtual Domain Hosting
- Web tools, web hosting, search engine submission
- How to use Frontpage Extensions
- Comparisons between UNIX and NT Frontpage Extensions
- FrontPage UNIX Server Extensions Support
- Microsoft FrontPage - HTML Net LInks
- Frontpage Add-Ins
- XML Information
- Tutorials - XML
- Free Web Page Enhancements
- Infinite Fish: RollOver MegaCoder
- Resources For Your Site
- Microsoft IE Logo Program
- HotWired: Webmonkey
- DrClue.Net -- Web Help
- IT Knowledge
- Discussions on site building, scripts, and other tidbits.
- Webmonkey | Authoring: Browser Detection
- Codo Development - Browserola
- This nifty tool emulates the different browsers and versions of HTML. Imagine, on the same computer, viewing your page under the various versions of IE or NS.
- Tons of Links to tools for coding webpages... validators, color, monitoring, and references.
Computer Home |